Sunday, January 6, 2019

Kellogg's Krumbles Portugal

Kellogg's Krumbles was a cereal that no longer exist (as far as I know).  This is from the back of the box and features two cut out figures with traditional outfits from Portugal.  The boy has 1 outfit with a hat.  The girl has three outfits. It says "Portugal is the land of wine and olives. Its children have appealing beauty. Their costumes flash with many attractive colors."  This one seems to be in full color.  These are from around the 1940s

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Missy! I wish you a happy new year. I love these paper dolls that you posted here. They represent traditional costumes from Portugal, which is my country, and they seems to me very accurate. In the girl's clothes are represented the typical clothes of the Algarve (in the south of Portugal), the "varina" (the woman who sold fish in the streets of Lisbon the capital of Portugal) and the other one seems to me from the region of Alentejo, the region where I lived. The clothes of the boy are of "campino" (the man who fed bulls in the fields and is from the region of Santarém) and the other one is a fisherman. The boy's hat is part of the costume he wore, but the fisherman also wore a similar one, but in different colors. Of course they are typical of the 40's ... nowadays nobody dresses like that! :) Big hug

    ReplyDelete