Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sailor Moon Paper Doll

Wow, this has been a CRAZY week!  School has started, but my classes seem manageable.  What a weird and crazy week.  Long story short: there was a job I wanted to get really badly.  One of my coworkers left, and I applied.  However, my boss needed me Mondays, and because of school- I can't work Mondays.  a bit disappointing...  And then, I got an interview for a different job.  Not sure if I'll get it, but just... a lot to juggle.

Anyway, moving on from personal stuff...  The latest OPDAG Paper Doll Studios magazine came out, another great issue, highly recommend! This theme was TV Shows.  I submitted the below design, but it didn't make the issue (possible email glitch) and may be in the next issue.


For the TV theme, I decided to do a Sailor Moon paper doll.  The Sailor Moon anime cartoon was a vital part of my childhood.  I religiously watched this show on TV.  I did use a reference for the base to help match the style of the anime show.  Sailor Moon character was created by Naoko Takeuchi and the show was made by Toei Animation and dubbed by DIC for the American Audience.  The show was on Cartoon Network as part of Toonami, which included other anime favorites.  I drew the main character, Usagi/Serena/Bunny (name changes in dubbed versions!) with her first season Sailor Moon senshi uniform and her summer and winter school uniforms.  

Obvisouly I do not own Sailor Moon.  Here's the image I used as a reference for the doll, found on Pinterest.  I wanted to do more outfits, such as her Princess costume, but just don't have the time and have other projects to work on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment